The Scottish Government, through their Cyber Resilience Strategy, are committed to helping Scotland’s third sector organisations to improve their cyber resilience in using technology securely, and responding to and preventing cyber crime. With Scottish Government grant funding, administered by SCVO, Circle’s IT & Facilities Administrator, with help from Dynacom IT (our external IT Support), have worked over the last few months to achieve Cyber Essentials certification for Circle.
Cyber Essentials is an official UK wide, government-backed standard that enables organisations to demonstrate that they both understand and address cyber risks. Certification allows Circle to demonstrate publicly our commitment to cyber security.
- reassures stakeholders that we are working to secure our IT against cyber attacks
- demonstrates that we have cyber security measures in place
- gives our stakeholders a clear picture of our organisation’s cyber security position
- allows us to bid for contracts which require this certification
Cyber Essentials helps us to:
- secure our internet connection
- secure our devices and software
- control access to data we hold
- protect from viruses and other malware
- keep our devices and software up to date
Circle will work to maintain certification on an annual basis.