Referrals to the Women’s Outreach Team (Alternatives to Custody) can either be self-referrals and/or a range of voluntary and statutory professionals.
A whole family support and therapeutic counselling service, in partnership with Recovery Scotland (previously known as Addictions, Support and Counselling, ASC) for mothers who have been given an Alternatives to Custody (North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire)
The Women’s Outreach Team will focus on;
- Supporting mothers who have received an Alternative to Custody in strengthening opportunities to meet the requirements of their order.
- Counselling, CBT and recovery work to strengthen rehabilitation from addiction and substance use.
- Support to women in their parenting role, managing behaviour and establishing routines at home.
- Therapeutic and direct work with children and young people.
- Support for women to have their views heard and help them to understand and participate in meetings such as children’s hearings.