Children’s Worker, Caledonian System (Hamilton)
Full-time (36 hours per week)
OR 2 x Part-time (18 hours per week)
£24,620 – £28,536 (pro-rata)
Funded by Scottish Government until 31 March 2022, with a likely extension
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Circle, working in partnership with South Lanarkshire Council and Women’s Aid South Lanarkshire to deliver The Caledonian System, an integrated approach to address men’s domestic abuse and improve the lives of women, children and men.
The Children’s Worker will focus on:
- supporting, and advocating for, children affected by domestic abuse
- understanding and alleviating the impact of domestic abuse on mothers and children
- assessing risk, vulnerability, strengths and resilience in mothers and children
- undertaking direct work with children, mothers and also fathers who are subject to a Caledonian requirement
The latter may include direct work with men on a 1:1 basis and involvement in the delivery of group work.
You will have the opportunity to:
- work in partnership promoting an integrated approach to multi agency working with other professionals to meet the needs of children
- contribute towards a shared assessment recognising that a child’s wellbeing is integral to their physical, emotional and psychological development based on the SHANARRI wellbeing indicators
- contribute to the promotion and development of Circle’s work and services in South Lanarkshire
Applicants should have experience of working with children and families affected by domestic abuse, and possess a professional qualification in social work, social care, health or education.
Driving licence and own car are essential.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 13 December
INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 17 December (on MS Teams)