Way back in March, when the COVID crisis escalated and lockdown restrictions began to be enforced, our staff did a fantastic job of keeping our vital services going.
Everyone contributed to Circle’s successful transition.
Our Family Outreach Workers maintained contact with families and found innovative ways to continue offering vital support at a time when it was needed more than ever.
Our Admin, HR, IT and Finance staff did an exemplary job of supporting staff to work from home, got hold of the resources they needed and manned the office when it was appropriate.
And our Senior Management Team, including Project Managers the Income Generation & Communications Manager and the Business Manager, helped lead and support staff when the road ahead was not altogether clear, bringing in extra money for emergency resources, offering support to staff struggling with their own COVID related challenges and kept Circle moving forward.
However, we understand that the last six months have taken a toll and so, following discussions with our staff, Circle has put in place an Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured.
What is an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)?
An EAP is a confidential employee benefit designed to help people deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting their home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
Circle’s EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues. We strongly believe in providing an EAP service that offers not only reactive support when someone needs it but also proactive and preventative support to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Our EAP offers cover for our staff, and their immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
- Life support: Unlimited access to counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured telephone counselling or face-to-face counselling sessions (employees only) at their convenience.
- Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (employees only).
- Bereavement support: Qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
- Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues. They can’t diagnose but can offer a sympathetic ear and practical information and advice.
- CBT online: Recognising the value of self-help tools in dealing with a range of issues, a range of CBT self-help modules, informative factsheets and invaluable advice videos from leading qualified counsellors are available.
Introducing the My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
The health and wellbeing of our staff is paramount. This is why we are proud to offer them all access to My Healthy Advantage, Health Assured’s comprehensive health and wellbeing app.
Through My Healthy Advantage, staff will have access to a range of features, all aimed at improving their health and wellbeing. These include:
- Weekly mood tracker – Keeping track of ﬁnancial, physical and general wellbeing via the weekly mood tracker. My Health Advantage uses push notiﬁcations to remind staff to complete their weekly mood tracker, via a set of simple questions.
- Mini health checks – My Healthy Advantage offers a collection of mini health checks within the app for the following: height & weight (BMI), waist, sleep, alcohol, mental health and fatigue.
- Four week plans – Through My Healthy Advantage, staff can access a selection of four week plans all aimed at improving health, such as quitting smoking, losing weight and coping with pressure. Staff can reﬂect on their progress and input diary entries at the end of each week.
- Wellbeing articles – Covering a wide variety of topics, including; emotional, physical and financial wellbeing, legal, housing and consumer issues, retirement, childcare and much more.
- Personalisation – Staff can personalise their newsfeed by selecting speciﬁc topics that interest you. My Healthy Advantage will generate learning materials tailored to your choices, such as equality & diversity, exercise and childcare & parenting.
In addition to counselling support and advice, Health Assured also offer a virtual library of wellbeing information. These informative articles and self-help guides provide support on a range of health and advisory issues, as well as instant guidance to aid an employee’s physical and mental health.
We understand that the information needs to be available in a way that is suitable for staff, whenever they require it. From simple lifestyle changes to advice for many of life’s most common concerns, the portal offers:
- Interactive health assessment providing personal tailor-made dietary tips and fitness plans
- Fitness and lifestyle advice, such as detoxing methods
- Four week self-help programmes
- Mini health checks
- Financial wellbeing articles