We provide support for children and young people through a range of different services.
Inter School Social Education Project (ISSEP), North Edinburgh
ISSEP is a unique mentoring project which provides academic and emotional support to local primary-aged children. Children benefit from weekly 1 to 1 support delivered by a volunteer mentor in their final year of secondary school.
For children we:
- provide a consistent 1:1 mentor, one afternoon per week for the entire school year
- support homework and a positive approach to learning
- respond to individuals’ different needs and abilities
- provide a range of fun activities including digital photography, arts and crafts, cooking and board games; indoor as well as outdoor physical activities such as football
- accept referrals from local primary schools
For mentors we:
- provide a first-class opportunity for volunteering, which is undertaken by some as part of accredited schemes such as Duke of Edinburgh
- increase your confidence and skills in working with young children
- develop your knowledge of children’s development
- provide the chance to get to know some great children!
Contact: Alex Collop, Project Manager
Tel: 0131 332 9269
Young Persons’ Service, Edinburgh
Our Young Persons’ Worker provides support to young people who are at risk of misusing drugs and/or alcohol.
Contact: Julie King, Project Manager
Tel: 0131 551 0220
It has made a big difference. He is more confident in himself, he comes to speak to me about his problems.
If there is something bothering me I know I can come to club and talk about it and the people can help me.