Circle has a long-standing reputation for providing high quality, diverse learning opportunities for social work students from universities across Scotland.
For students we can:
- Provide placements that offer a broad range of learning opportunities across Children and Families work, with a specific focus on whole family support.
- Allocate a mix of family work and group work, creating learning opportunities to enable students to adequately gather evidence of competency against the Standards in Social Work Education as well as meeting the requirements of the Key Capabilities.
- Support students to gain practice experience with a cross section of children and families from early intervention work through to where statutory measures may be required. Students will gain experience of assessment and planned interventions with a wide range of needs.
- Support students to engage with colleagues across relevant statutory and voluntary sector work including social work, health and education.
- Provide excellent weekly individual and group supervision.
This has definitely been the best supervision experience I have had in my working life. She has worked in such a way which encouraged my thinking and helped me to be more open to continual learning. I have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of other people's knowledge, skills and guidance, which has further enhanced my 'tool kit' for hopefully becoming an effective practitioner.
For universities we can:
- Provide an excellent standard of practice teaching within a learning environment that enables students to become confident and competent practitioners.
- Match students to a range of skilled and experienced Practice Educators and Link Workers.
- Accommodate students with specific learning needs, including students who may be marginal.
- In addition to assessed practice placements, we provide ‘Introduction to Practice’ observational opportunities.
- Guarantee high quality placements that are continuously evaluated and monitored through feedback from students and tutors.
A first class opportunity for our student within a very forward thinking and dynamic charitable setting. Since completion of the placement, the student has maintained a high level of motivation towards a career in social work as a result of this placement experience.